CLIENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
As valid consideration for: (i) participation in activities and exercises offered; and (ii) use of the equipment and other services offered (collectively, the “Fitness Program”), are as follows:
- Participation is completely voluntary, and client is responsible for any potential physical risks.
- Achievement of health or fitness goals cannot be guaranteed.
- A client must be in good physical condition and have no impairment which might prevent participation in the Fitness Program. It is the client’s responsibility to consult with their general practitioner prior to engaging in physical activity or participating in the Fitness Program, and to receive prior approval.
- A client must not participate if advised by health care professional or GP to refrain from participating in strenuous activities.
- A client is responsible for determining if physically and medically able to participate and/or whether to discontinue participation in any physical activity at any time.
- GYMGUYZ assumes no duty to ensure a client’s physical or medical ability to participate in any physical activity, whether before, during or after such activity.
- •If a client is pregnant or may be pregnant, it is their responsibility to consult a physician prior to participating in the Fitness Program.
- Any recommendation for changes in diet including the use of food supplements, weight reduction, and or bodybuilding enhancements products are entirely the decision and responsibility of the client and a client should consult with their GP prior to undergoing any dietary or food supplement changes.
- A client will not utilise any equipment provided in connection with the Fitness Program unless and until they have inquired about and understand the proper use and operate such equipment in strict accordance with instructions.
- A GYMGUYZ trainer will be assigned to a client and that client will not use/engage/employ the services of any trainer that the client has met and/or used through their association with GYMGUYZ outside of that association.
- GYMGUYZ and the client will agree upon time, program type, content, and location of the Fitness Program sessions. All sessions are 1 hour in duration and the client will be charged the full session rate even if an abbreviated session of less than 1 hour has been requested.
- A free re-assessment every fifteen (15) weeks will be provided by GYMGUYZ. The first re-assessment will be conducted no earlier than fifteen (15) weeks after the first Fitness Program session.
- All purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All personal training sessions/packages expire 6 months from date of purchase with exception of the 100 Session Package purchase in which case sessions/package expires 10 months from date of purchase.
- All payments for sessions are due in full in advance of training sessions.
Cancellation Of Sessions
- The client will not receive a refund or a credit for missed appointments, or for appointments which are canceled with less than twenty-four (24) hours’ notice. Payments not received in a timely fashion, could lead to the Fitness Program sessions being suspended until outstanding payments have been received by GYMGUYZ.
- Client will receive a pro-rated refund on all monies pre-paid for any unused training sessions if GYMGUYZ determines, in its sole discretion, that the client is unable to safely continue with the Fitness Program or for any other non-discriminatory reason that does not involve fault on behalf of the client.
Termination of Agreement
- Termination of the Agreement between the client and GYMGUYZ will be immediate if the client, for any reason demonstrates any inappropriate conduct such as verbal or physical abuse, sexual or other harassment, or rude or discourteous conduct toward anyone associated with GYMGUYZ. This termination will result in the client forfeiting any pre-paid monies.
- The Agreement between the client and GYMGUYZ and any dispute or claim (including any non-contractual dispute or claim) that arises out of or in connection with the Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- In the event any provision of the Personal Training Agreement between the client and GYMGUYZ is found to be legally invalid or unenforceable for any reason, all remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. In the event any provision of this document is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to exceed the limits permitted by any applicable law or to be invalid or unenforceable as written, such court(s) may exercise its discretion in reforming such provision(s) to the extent necessary to make it reasonable and enforceable.
- GYMGUYZ personal training Fitness Program is designed to be a comprehensive physical fitness program and may consist of all or some of the following components: cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, core conditioning, postural/corrective exercise, balance/agility training, sport specific exercises and static/dynamic stretching. Most forms of regular exercise program have been shown to have definite benefits to general health and wellbeing. Please note that any physical activity and exertion may cause or aggravate a physical injury or medical condition.
- No exercise program is without inherent risks regardless of the care taken by GYMGUYZ, LLC, its parents, affiliates, franchisees and any of their employees or contractors (collectively “GYMGUYZ”) and that personal safety cannot be guaranteed. When participating in any exercises, particularly those that induce cardiovascular stress, there is a chance of injury (e.g., heart attack, stroke, other cardiovascular accidents, paralysis) or death. There may also be other risks not known or reasonably foreseen at this time. Any medical risks and/or injuries sustained during participation and the associated damages or loss are at the risk of the client.
- Who we are
- What type of information we collect and hold
- How your information is used by us
- Who we share your information with
- How we inform you of our products and services
- Access to your information and how you can update it
- Removing Your Details
- Links to other sites
- Contact us
- Policy change
- Organisation details
In this policy, the terms ‘we’ or ‘us’ refer to the group of GYMGUYZ and our affiliated website, mobile site. These include:
These are operated by GYMGUYZ.co.uk. Registered in United Kingdom, Company No.
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, feedback you give to us by phone, email or post, and your communications with us via social media
- We do not store your credit card details, with the exception of the last 4 digits and expiration dates which the payment gateways provide us
- Information about the services that we provide to you (including, for example, the tours we have supplied to you, when and where they were supplied, how much they were purchased for, as well as the manner in which you use our products and services, and so on)
- Your account login details, including your user name and chosen password
- Information about any device you have used to access our services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and how you use our services, including our website
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and whether you have clicked on any links within that communication. We do this to inform our choices when creating communications that are relevant to you
- Details of any request you make through the “Refer a Friend” function of our website or competitions
- If you do not want to be contacted for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box that you will find on screen
The information we collect may be used to:
- Make our services available to you
- Process your orders
- Process payments and refunds
- Personalise your booking experience
- Help us to ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud
- Conduct market research, either ourselves or via reputable agencies
- For statistical analysis
- Help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume and how you consume them, so we can improve our service to you
- Find ways to improve our services and websites
- Contact you about products and services, as well as provide you with offers, promotions
- Tailor the online advertisements you see
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you may have
Your personal data will be held for 2 years unless a request is expressly made to remove/delete this information. Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the United Kingdom if the you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes this Regulation.
We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties. We work with GDPR-compliant data processors with whom we share and receive your information.
- Payment Gateways
- Advertising Networks
- Analytics Providers
- Email Providers
- Review Agencies
- Search Information Providers
- Fraud Prevention Service Providers
- Tour operators
GYMGUYZ.co.uk will not share personal information with any third parties without your permission, unless to:
- Respond to duly authorised information requests of governmental authorities
- Comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order
- Help prevent fraud, or enforce or protect the rights and properties of GYMGUYZ.co.uk
- Protect the personal safety of GYMGUYZ’s employees and third parties on GYMGUYZ’s property
- Transfer personal data if GYMGUYZ’s website or GYMGUYZ.co.uk is acquired (or the majority of the company is acquired) by a third party
- Transfer personal data if we sell or acquire any business or assets to a third-party buyer or seller
We would like to tell you about the great offers, promotions, competitions, products and services of GYMGUYZ from time to time that we think will be of interest to you. Where you have given us consent to do so, we may contact you by post, email, text message, online, using social media and push notifications via apps, or by any other electronic means. We will need to send you occasional service-related messages, but we won’t send you marketing messages unless you opt into this feature. Marketing messages include updates, offers, promotions and basket reminders. You are not required to receive all these types of messages, and you can amend your preferences or unsubscribe at any time, by either logging into your account and following the directions, or by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to access information held about you (also known as Subject Access Request). If you opt to exercise this right and we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge (within 28 working days). Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us in order to verify identity. If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it. You can also correct or update your personal information by logging into your account from our website. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
GYMGUYZ is committed to protecting the information with which you provide us.
- We use a trusted payment processing service to process your payment and we do not store your credit/debit card information, with the exception of the expiry dates and last 4 digits of your card number. Your full credit/debit card details will need to be entered on the PCI-compliant payment gateway websites.
- We save your last 4 digits and expiry date of credit or debit card details (received by us from the payment gateways) once your booking on our website has been processed, to assist with processing any future bookings you make.
- We use secure socket layer software (SSL) to encrypt personal information that you provide via your registered account on our website. This technology prevents you from inadvertently revealing personal information using an unsecure connection. Our website is certified with an SSL certificate, which verifies that our website is secure.
We keep your information confidential and store user personal data on a secure server, which is password protected and firewall protected. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, although we cannot guarantee the security of your data once transmitted to our website. We will strive to prevent unauthorised access to your data using strict procedures and security features.
GYMGUYZ.co.uk maintains publicly facing pages on social media sites, social networking sites, internet postings and blogs (“Social Media Sites”). By posting any content related directly or indirectly to GYMGUYZ.co.uk on any Social Media Sites on the internet, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these terms. By providing any content to any Social Media Sites you agree that the content will be considered non-confidential and we have the irrevocable, worldwide, transferrable, royalty-free, right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content, transfer the medium of such content, and use such content. By uploading the content onto GYMGUYZ’s Social Media Sites you agree that the material will not be defamatory of any person, infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other or promote any illegal activity. If you have any comments or concerns in relation to your use or GYMGUYZ’s use of Social Media Sites, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites.
To ensure this web site meets our visitors’ needs GYMGUYZ.co.uk collects web site statistics using cookies. A cookie is a piece of code, which is placed on the user’s browser when they visit one of our web sites. A cookie can only be place on a visitor’s computer if the customer accepts cookies or if the customer has visited the site previously and allowed the cookies.
- Email: email@example.com
Changes To These Terms And Conditions
GYMGUYZ may occasionally update its terms and conditions. When completed we will also revise the ‘last updated’ date of its terms and conditions.
This policy was last updated 25 June 2019